Thomas Lidy owns a long-standing experience in music analysis and information retrieval, which he has gathered during over 10 years of research at the Vienna University of Technology. Thomas' expertise relies in the combination of audio signal processing and machine learning with the purpose of extracting descriptive parameters from musical content, such as rhythm, genre and mood. Most recently, his focus has been on Deep Neural Networks that automatically recognize multiple characteristics in music.
Thomas also founded and headed Spectralmind, an innovative music technology company that created professional products and mobile apps directed to music search, recommendation and visual music discovery (such as Sonarflow). Currently, he is responsible for the incubation of new music tech applications in the European #MusicBricks project and consults several startups on music technology.
- 12+ years of experience in machine learning and music technology
- Over 35 publications, winning algorithms in MIREX benchmark (music/speech classification)
- Founder and CEO of Spectralmind
- Microsoft Sponsorship Award, nominee for the Austrian State Prize in Consulting
- Head of Incubation in the European #MusicBricks project
- Consultant and Advisor for music technology
← GO BACK